Why Teambuilding Matters
- Two heads are better that one! Wilbur & Orville Wright, Lennon & McCartney, Gates & Allen, Ben & Jerry
- Teams typically achieve more than individuals. Doctors Without Borders, Seal Team 6, US Olympic Swim Team
- Healthy and intelligent organizations can accomplish astounding results. Apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, NASA, Disney, Smithsonian, Save the Children
Mission First, People Always!
I learned this saying while serving as a leader in the US Army. My commander's leadership consistently underscored the importance of "always taking care of our troops." Servant leadership is typically at the heart of the most successful organizations.
Let us not assume that everyone understands our mission, or grasps the value of always building our teams.
- Why does your organization do what it does? Teams must understand their purpose.
- Learning how people work in teams is a life-long skill that benefits everyone.
- Our reliance on screens has disconnected us from direct-contact with others; this is a problem we all need to constantly address.