Basic Skills Training
for Entry Level and Level I Practitioners
This fully revamped Basic Skills Training utilizes a cutting-edge approach that takes advantage of technology, time and adult learning strategies for the 21st Century. Participants will encounter the content through: hands-on practice, Internet research, required reading, small group seminar, guided reflection, multi-media instruction and direct feedback.
With over 50 hours of content this training goes well beyond the industry minimum requirements. We believe this blended approach increases understanding and retention of the theory, skills and applications necessary to safely operate challenge course activities. Upon successful completion of the course, materials are condensed and available online for periodic review to supplement your ongoing development and to remain refreshed on these critical skills.
- 18 years of age or older
- no previous challenge course experience required
Experience as a participant on a challenge course, aerial adventure course, canopy tour, climbing/rock wall, team building program or other comparable endeavors.
- Learn the basics of technical rope work: knots, climbing techniques, belay and high element operations
- Investigate the core competencies required by challenge course industry standards
- Examine how teams work and explore strategies that reinforce authentic learning during and after the program
- Experience the fun and impact of ground activities and low elements that teach team skills
- Practice the critical skills necessary to keep participants safe during low elements
- Study the process of facilitating high elements to teach enhanced communication and goal setting
$575 (40 hours)
$195 additional (1 day testing; 1 year certification)
Meals & Lodging
additional charges depending on training location (call for details)
Level I Full Certification, Sat, Mar 12, 2016 | George Mason University, Manassas, VA | Contact us now to register; space is limited.
Level I Full, Tues-Fri, May 24-27, 2016 | Spring Heights Summer Camp, Spencer, WV | Contact us now to register; space is limited.
Level I Full, Tue-Fri, May 31 - June 3, 2016 | Pecometh Camp and Retreat, Centreville, MD | Contact us now to register; space is limited.